The E.G Fearnsides Travel Fund provides grants to enable members of the University working on subjects connected with organic diseases of the nervous system to travel for the purpose of study or research. Funds can be used to travel to attend conferences or other research project-related activities.
The Fund will also consider funding small items of equipment, such as laptops.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please apply at least 6 weeks before funding is required.
- Retrospective applications will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Post Doc applications must be made within three years of graduation.
- The maximum award for successful candidates travelling in Europe will be £600.
- The maximum award for successful candidates travelling outside of Europe will be £1000.
- Successful applicants will only be supported by the Fearnside Fund once in any three year period.
Please complete the Application Form below.
Please note – University policy prohibits the uses of AirBnB and other similar organisations which should not be used for University work-related travel purposes.
Travel Grant Application Form